Ricardo Jiminez, an EMT, was burned by a pair of exploding batteries he was carrying in his pocket while driving through Manhattan.

The attorney for two New York City men — who were severely burned by an exploding e-cigarette and a pair of the e-cigarette batteries — wants to ban the smoking devices on public transportation.

Within the last two weeks, Otis Gooding, 31, and Ricardo Jiminez, 24, each suffered second-degree burns to their right hand and right thigh when a device blew up in their pocket.

“Until manufacturers identify and correct the product causing E-cig and their batteries from exploding, I call on Federal, State and local elected officials to ban them from being carried on public transportation, buses and trains as they pose a threat to safety of the public,” said attorney Sanford Rubenstein.

Jiminez, an EMT, suffered massive burns last Friday when a pair of e-cigarette batteries exploded in his pants pocket as he drove through Manhattan.

Gooding heard explosions like firecrackers and saw sparks on Nov. 23, when an e-cigarette detonated in his pants at the Grand Central Terminal wine shop, where he works.

The terrifying incident was captured on a video surveillance camera.

Gooding continues to heal from his injuries.

Jiminez, who has been out of work for more than a week because of his injury, used a walker as he struggled to get into Rubenstein’s Downtown Brooklyn office on Friday.

“The Federal Drug Administration must take a hard look and suspend the sale of e-cigarettes and e-cigarette batteries until such time that the manufacturers of these products correct the product defect that causes them to explode,” said Rubenstein.

Rubenstein said he may file individual lawsuits on behalf of his clients once inspectors figure out the defects with the devices.